By virtue of its design, the eco-KALAN:
- Produces little smoke, if any, and only during start-up.
- Delivers hot, fast cooking without exposure to intense heat.
- Consumes up to 80% less firewood than traditional kalans and other open-fire methods of cooking.
- Can utilize all types of fuel used in open-fire cooking, e.g., wood, twigs, branches, charcoal, bamboo, and any part of the coconut tree such as stems, husks, shells, and leaves.
- Saves trees through its high fuel efficiency and versatility.